Monday, August 11, 2008

Celebration of the Life of Aspasia



painting by Aspasia Neophytos-Richardson
(click on image to enlarge)




Husband Steven and daughter Celine held a moving event that celebrated the life and love of Aspasia on August 10th at Oakland's Lake Merritt Garden Center.






My Chapman Colleague and Friend
Aspasia Neophytos-Richardson
(1943-2008)


Click here for more images of Aspasia from Steven's slide show.




"You always spoke our languages and made us dance."







photo by J. Freed
(click on image to enlarge)


"Dance for Aspasia"















3 comments:

Sally and me said...

This is husband STeven calling in to say "Wow!" and as Aspasia always say "Smoochie Poochie!" for being with us and sharing this beautiful and heart-rendering event on your site. Warmly yours, STeven

Michael Longmire said...

Wow, I typed in my aunts name and found this page. That's my uncle dancing around with her. Ha. I miss her and him so much.

Unknown said...

My name is Dina Linkenhoker, and I was a student of Dr. Nea's at Chapman University in Concord in 2001-2002. I asked for her and for Dr. Koch to place my hood on me at the commencement exercises. Today I am a doctor of education, and I can think of no other professor who impacted me as positively and as profoundly as Aspasia. She was truly one-of-a-kind, and I was so blessed to be in her classroom.